Jay and I are heading to New York City tomorrow morning for a quick weekend trip! He wants to see the World Trade Center site and I’m looking forward to everything Christmas-y. Here are our plans:
Day 1 – Saturday
- Take the train from Bridgewater, NJ into Penn Station (located at 33th St).
- Walk to Macy’s to check out the Christmas windows and find a souvenir from the 2015 Macy’s Parade!
- Walk ten blocks to our hotel to drop off our bags and then use Uber for the drive down to the World Trade Center/Wall Street.
- Lunch: Possibly at Hudson Eats at Brookfield Place, a building with a huge variety of quick restaurants.
- Walk around the area, including a stroll through Wall Street!
- Uber back to our hotel to relax and get ready for dinner
- Dinner: Lots of options! We still have to pick which one…
Italian – Etcetera, Etcetera
Thai – QI Restaurant
Irish Pub – Lansdowne Road
BBQ – Virgil’s BBQ
- After dinner, I want to stop by Rockefeller Center to see the Christmas tree lit up at night : ) Then we might meet up with one of Jay’s friends who lives in the city or head to Rudy’s, a dive bar that serves free hot dogs!
- Stay: Intercontinental New York Times Square
300 W 44th Street, New York, NY
(We’re staying here for free as a result of Jay’s IHG credit card. He pays a $49 annual fee and then can pick one free room each year. Unbelievably, this hotel would cost $599 / night during this time of year at the regular price!)
Day 2 – Sunday
- After sleeping in, we’re just planning to walk around the city during the morning.
- Lunch: No plans yet…hoping something we see strikes our fancy.
- Depending on how we feel, we may walk around a bit more or take an early afternoon train home.
As you can tell, this is a fairly leisurely visit. We both like to just walk around, so I’m hoping we come across some interesting sights as we wander.
Do you have any recommendations for lunch or dinner places in New York City in the Times Square / Hell’s Kitchen neighborhoods? Is there anything else Christmas-y that we should see?